Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ha!

This is so funny. I stress out my hosts. Yesterday I stepped toward a cab that was cruising around a corner. I was just testing to see if he would stop for me or if I was going to have to stop for him. Not a big deal but the person I was with got a little excited about it all. He kept fairly close to me the rest of the walk. Today it looks like a coworker will drop us off at the Taipei 101 tower and I told him I'd walk back to the hotel. He says I scare him! He's worried that I will get lost forever in Taiwan! It's really about a straight walk - maybe 30 minutes. I NEED the walk. He's currently printing maps and lecturing me about getting directions. Kuma will be with me and he's concerned as well. He asked "What if we don't find our way?" I told him, "Then we'll be on an adventure!". He shook his head. Everyone is so uptight! I mean really - if I get lost I just need to stop one of the hundreds of cabs cruising around the city and have them take us back. I'll report on the status when I get back.

No comments: