Sunday, October 14, 2012

WWOOFing

So, Sydney and I are mostly packed up and we're headed out to Scotland tomorrow. I thought I'd explain WWOOFING a little bit for those of you that haven't heard about.  You can check it out here:  http://www.wwoof.org.uk/

We'll be working on an organic farm in the middle of the Leckmelm forest in Scotland.  The work is in exchange for room and board.  We'll work 5 days a week and get the weekends off to play.  The place we're staying is a small community of farms that work together and we'll be staying with one of the residents.  We'll be completely off grid with some renewable energy for power.  Hopefully this will be consistent so we can blog from the forest!  Our shelter will most likely be a yurt and we'll cook in an outdoor kitchen.  Laundry is done by hand and if we want hot water we'll need to fetch it by hand from the hillside and gather wood for the fire to heat it.  I was told this is not for the faint-hearted!

We'll keep up to date the best we can and Sydney may jump in to blog as well.  We'll be back home November 4th.  This is how we'll keep you all up to date so please understand if I don't attend to my email much while I'm gone.

More soon...

Julia

No comments: