Sunday, October 28, 2012

Snow!

Nobody believed me when I said the forecast predicted snow. Well, today it snowed - all day! It started out as tiny hail then moved to big, fluffy flakes. It snowed on and off all throughout the day. Nothing stuck for more than 30 minutes and most of it melted when it hit the ground. It was really beautiful, but very damp and chilly. We were out working in it all morning but then Sydney and I volunteered to make bread, which meant me sitting over two hot fires to cook it flatbread-style on the griddles under the kitchen shelter. Nice! Now I felt like I brought a little bit of Minnesota to Scotland!

Julia



1 comment:

Jess said...

Hi! Sounds like you are having fun. I loved the photos of the horses and the pasture - that view is amazing! It was wet and rainy last week, and a few days ago I, Colt, and Serena saw a few snowflakes! But it’s too wet for them to stick. :(
Miss you,
Cadence :)