Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Unique bath

OK, I'm going to tell you about the bath. Why? Because I really need one. I'll be honest, I don't stink or anything but I haven't had a shower or a bath in over a week, living in the forest, and I'm just not used to that. My hat has become a permanent part of my attire as my hair desperately needs washing.

So, here's what they have. There is an old claw-foot tub that's just on the other side of the outdoor kitchen. The water comes in, like all the water, fresh off the hillside and freezing cold. You fill the tub with water then build a fire underneath it to heat the water. It's a nice setup. The longer you sit in the tub the warmer you get, but you can always run more cold water in. There's a large board that you sit on, in the water, to keep you from making full contact with the hot bottom of the tub. The downside of this setup is that it's all out in the open air and it gets cold here at night. (Bathtime is after dinner when the work is done.) There's just a little drape to give you a little privacy but I can imagine it's quite chilly.



I'll let you know how it works.

Julia

2 comments:

ada pony crazy said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ada brown said...

um think that coment got in the rong place